Director - New Build Strategy & Capture
AtkinsRéalis is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to support the emerging area of new CANDU reactor builds and new SMR reactor builds.Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
The Director, New Build Strategy & Capture will report to the General Manager, New Nuclear & New Markets and will be responsible for leading the strategic planning, coordination, and development of a nuclear new build program. The program may consist of one or more projects.This role will require providing leadership to all project team members across the business unit, including marketing and business development, engineering, project management, and includes interfacing and building relationships with key external stakeholders.A project director is expected to have significant experience in project delivery and project execution methodology including an understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, contract management and project controls principles. Leading large teams is an equally important skill; developing and building a large team of professionals is a requirement of this role. A third pillar of this role is the ability to manage complex stakeholder (internal and external) interactions, including government, partners, vendors, and client. The Director will be responsible to develop detailed strategies, incubate opportunities in cooperation with the business development team, capture and execute early design projects, feasibility studies, etc, until they are ready to hand off to a major project organization
Location: Pickering, ON.
Your role within the team:
- The Director shall lead by example the project organization, through day-to-day exhibition of AtkinsRéalis’s core values: Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation.
- The Director shall strategically plan, develop, then execute a program to achieve strategic objectives of the organization. This may include customer driven, or internally funded, feasibility studies, consulting assignments, early project works, and other tasks that contribute to the new nuclear team’s overall goals.
- The Director shall be accountable for all aspects of one or more projects within the mandate and to lead all team members who are performing duties to ensure that the work progresses with safety, quality, schedule, cost, and contractual requirements.
- The Director is responsible for developing all scopes and deliverable definitions in compliance with the strategic plan, and further developing strategic plans for implementation.
- The Director is responsible for all contract development, leading negotiations, including scope & change control, requirements management, subcontractor and supplier management and governance for any flow-down requirements from the parent contract to subs and vendors.
- Where applicable, the Director is responsible and accountable for all aspects of nuclear and industrial safety including adherence with corporate and customer safety programs, development and enforcement of necessary training and requirements, adherence to corrective action programs and enforcement of performance standards for all of the above.
- The Director shall apply appropriate key performance indicators to monitor project health and performance and establish rigorous reporting protocols that meet all requirements of the contract, corporate standards and project-specific oversight as established by senior management or customer.
- The Director shall ensure that all project activities are performed in accordance with corporate standards of ethical compliance, cyber-security, import-export regulations, intellectual property protections and security clearance protocols.
- The Director shall ensure that project procurement and subcontract management including subcontractor and supplier oversight, invoicing, accruals and supply chain strategies are aligned with risk management, quality requirements, schedule and budget considerations and overall performance standards commensurate with the project and customer requirements.
- The Director shall apply project controls methodology with respect to planning and scheduling, baseline management, cost control, budgeting, cashflow, invoicing, cost and revenue forecasting and resource management.
- The Director shall develop and implement detailed project execution plans and monitoring their execution through comprehensive reporting to clients and senior management.
- The Director shall perform rigorous risk analysis in accordance with corporate standards and application of industry best practice including monte-carlo methodology and contingency draw-down curves.
- The Director shall ensure that all formal approvals for project bids, changes and settlements are prepared and approved in accordance with corporate Level of Authority (LoA) procedures.
Why choose AtkinsRéalis as an employer?
Because we offer:
- The opportunity to work on various major projects for internal and external clients.
- An exciting environment where work-life balance is important.
- A wide array of learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive pay, flexible benefits, an employee share plan, and a defined contribution pension plan.
- A work environment focused on health and safety.
The ideal candidate:
- 10+ years experience supporting various type of projects including construction, manufacturing or engineering services projects.
- 5+ years experience leading individuals and teams.
- Strategic planning and execution experience.
- Understanding of large EPC work including subcontracts, prime contract management.
- Understanding of nuclear supply chain and materials management principles.
- Ability to understand, plan, and execute in alignment with the overall business unit’s strategies and needs.
- Experience in conventional thermal power projects (combined cycle, gas, coal, etc) design, construction, and commissioning.
- Experience in international business development.
- Exposure to nuclear waste management & decommissioning is an asset.
- A natural leader who can inspire a team to perform and work together towards a common goal.
- Lead by example and set high standards for Health & Safety and Nuclear Safety Culture.
- An appreciation of the importance of Quality Assurance Programs and their significance to the nuclear industry.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer relationship skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of project delivery methodology including earned value, critical path scheduling, prime contract and subcontract management, procurement and supply chain methodology and construction work packaging and associated inspection and test plans.
- Working Knowledge of industrial safety and nuclear safety culture.
- Experience working in an Integrated Project Delivery or complex Joint Venture models is an asset.
- Proven ability to innovate within the course of executing a project.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions using a variety of tools.
- Extensive global experience in managing large engineering and construction project scopes.
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is considered an asset.
- Demonstrates initiative and decisiveness.
- Plans and communicates effectively.
- Seeks and accepts responsibility and accountability.
- Possesses excellent judgment and can correctly apply skills and knowledge.
- Perform well under stress.
- Delegates effectively.
- Commitment to Safety.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Problem Solving.
- Integrity and Trust.
- Customer Focus.
- Team Player, Shares Knowledge.
- Project level P&L
Extent of Public Contact:
- Customers, suppliers, industry partners
- Senior executives, department functional managers, JV partner companies.
- Government agencies.
- Trades personnel.
- Various work locations in both the field and office.
- Travel to Canada, Europe, USA as needed (up to 25%)
Are you up for this challenge? Apply today and join our team to help engineer a Better Future for our Planet and its People.
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy. AtkinsRéalis and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of AtkinsRéalis (referred to throughout as “AtkinsRéalis”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult ourPrivacy Noticeon our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about AtkinsRéalis’ accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.Worker Type Employee Job Type Regular
At AtkinsRéalis , we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.#J-18808-Ljbffr