Lions Gate Hospital, North Vancouver
May 15, 2024
Come work as an Orthopedic Surgeon with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
The Division of Orthopaedics is seeking a full-time surgeon to be based out of Lions Gate Hospital within the Vancouver Coastal Health Region (Coastal Community of Care). Lions Gate Hospital is an urban facility, designated a Regional Trauma Centre (Level 2) and Regional Referral Centre with a geographically extensive catchment area. Our service area includes North & West Vancouver, the Sunshine Coast, the Central Coast of British Columbia, and the Sea-to-Sky Corridor (Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton). This teaching hospital is affiliated with the University of British Columbia. Our group is actively involved in the education of medical students, residents, and fellows.
The Division of Orthopaedics at Lions Gate Hospital is currently comprised of 8 surgeons representing most orthopaedic subspecialties (excluding hand and spine). The focus of the new surgeon’s elective practice will be hip and knee arthroplasty/reconstruction. Our care delivery models benefit from a centralized referral intake and triage system, as well as streamlined pathways for both non-operative and operative management of hip/knee arthritis.
In addition to their elective practice, the surgeon will be part of the orthopaedic trauma team at Lions Gate Hospital (approximately 50% practice volume). We perform 1600-1800 trauma cases per year, including a large volume of complex extremity fractures, sports-related injuries, fractures in the frail/elderly, and periprosthetic fractures. The orthopaedic trauma team at Lions Gate Hospital has 60 hours per week of dedicated operating room time to treat traumatic injuries and urgent orthopaedic conditions.
Candidates must have completed an accredited orthopaedic surgery residency program. Appropriate fellowship training and/or practice experience is essential. Eligibility for licensure by the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons is a necessity. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to patient care, quality improvement, and be able to work respectfully with fellow healthcare professionals.
Education, Licensing, & Experience:
- Current College of Physicians of BC (CPSBC) License - Full
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) - Mandatory
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) - Mandatory
- Surgical Skills - Mandatory
- Candidates must have completed an accredited orthopedic surgery residency program.
- Appropriate fellowship training and/or practice experience is essential.
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to patient care, quality improvement, and be able to work respectfully with fellow healthcare professionals.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) are encouraged but not required.
Interested in applying? Feel free to reach out to Michelle Sylvest, Medical Staff Talent Acquisition Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now.”
Please note that a resume and cover letter is required to apply for this position.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.#J-18808-Ljbffr