July 31, 2023
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. is looking for a SeniorCivil/ Hydrotechnical Engineer with minimum 10 year s of relevant experience to join our diverse Power and Transportation team in Toronto, ON.
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized and accountable individual who is good at communicating technical topics, both spoken and written, and is driven to provide high-quality engineering services.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Join a dynamic company of motivated professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and environmental services;
- Work on a range of interesting projects, involving design of hydraulic structures, hydrology, flow modeling, drainage management, flood protection, power and energy studies, dam safety reviews and assessments;
- Manage and lead multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects, for various clients;
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines on project teams;
- Carry out site investigations and manage projects in construction;
- Apply your knowledge to challenging hydrotechnical and civil engineering projects; and
- Travel within Canada, and occasionally International
As a Senior Civil/Hydrotechnical Engineer, you have a firm grasp on the main aspects of hydrotechnical engineering concepts and understand how those interact with other engineering disciplines. We value your:
- Demonstrated experience in project management and successful completion of engineering projects;
- Demonstrated experience in engineering practice, knowledge of modelling software such as HEC-RAS, HEC- HMS, Flow-3D, and proficiency in civil/hydrotechnical calculations and use of the MS Office suite of products;
- Ability to think critically on engineering problems and to be innovative;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Interest in mentoring and developing junior and intermediate staff; and
- Willingness to travel to remote sites, if required.
Mandatory requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in hydrotechnical or civil engineering
- a minimum of 10 years related experience
- Registration as Professional Engineer in ON, or the ability to register (existing registration as a P.E. in any states within the U.S.A would be a benefit)
KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides multi-discipline engineering services for heavy civil infrastructure projects and clients in a variety of sectors. Disciplines include geotechnical, civil, hydrotechnical, mechanical, electrical, structural and environmental engineering.
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
To learn more about projects you could be a part of check out Projects - KCB (klohn.com) and our Careers page for more details.#J-18808-Ljbffr