July 12, 2023
Are you looking for an opportunity to…
- Leave a positive impact on the environment through progressive design?
- Work in a close-knit group of motivated professionals?
- Focus on continued growth and development?
- Develop your critical thinking skills?
- Develop a career that provides a mix of local and global projects?
What makes us stand out?
Our tag line “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. In broad terms,we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence
- our appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities
- our creative perspectives that come through diverse and inclusive teams
- our size, large enough to win intriguing projects, small enough to know you by name
- everyone maintains a technical focus
What you would engage in:
Our focus is on the application of critical thinking to the management of mine waste and water. If continuing your career journey with us, you would be part of our Mining Environmental Group , based out our Vancouver office. The role of Senior Water Resources Engineer comes with the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule and will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Engage with clients, colleagues and suppliers on environmentally focused field programs and design solutions
- Conduct hydrological and hydraulic analysis, including flood mapping, water balance analysis, and hydraulic modelling
- Support mine water management design and optimization
- Build client rapport that develops projects from feasibility through to mine closure phases
- Expand your knowledge by attending conferences and trainings
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines to ensure integration of water management systems into overall design and operation
- Prepare technical reports, proposals, and other documentation related to water resources engineering
- Be an ambassador for and potentially become an owner of KCB
What we require:
We respect the knowledge and experience you have gained to date and are willing to help you build on it. We do however require the following qualifications:
- A degree in civil engineering, with a track record of continued development
- At least ten years’ civil design experience related to surface water controls for mining projects
- You must be eligible to register as professional engineer in Canada
- Experience in slope stability and seepage analysis; dam design; earthworks and construction
- An ability to build relationships with multidisciplinary project-based teams
- Experince in a safety focused environment with near miss and incident reporting requirements
In addition to the must have requirements you will excel in the role if you have the following:
- An ability to find creative solutions and know how to present them
- A willingness to mentor others and be mentored
- An ability to build rapport with clients, colleagues, and industry partners
- Demonstrate that you are flexible and seek solutions rather than focus on problems
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
The salary for this position is $100,000 to $150,000/year.Salary is based on applicable experience, education, and skill level. In addition to salary total rewards includes:
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Annual performance and salary review
- PSMJ’s supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid OT, and wellness days
- Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.#J-18808-Ljbffr