Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a highly versatile, professional and self-motivated individual, who will be part of the management team involved in a dynamic and varied role helping to support the smooth running of one of our laundries. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment.
Johnsons Hotel Linen, which specialises in supplying the corporate 4-star market and the budget hotel sector is seeking a talented individual to take on the role of Shift Manager in a busy and challenging environment. This is very much a hands-on role, in which you will provide vital support to the business and contribute with the smooth running of the organisation.
Working as a member of the Management Team, the successful candidate will provide the following as the duties will include: -
- To assist the Production Manager with day-to-day operational issues, to ensure the smooth running of the production department.
- To ensure that all areas of production are adequately staffed, resourced and utilised to the best possible effect for achieving operational targets.
- Take an active role in managing staff probations, including one month, three month and 6-month reviews.
- Take full responsibility for all staff training, including on the job training and health and safety training.
- To ensure that Health and Safety Legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to and a culture of safe working promoted, including management of all PPE, and COSHH.
- To wear and enforce the use of uniform, Personal Protective Equipment and handling aids, where supplied, at all times for all relevant tasks.
- To ensure that excellent customer service is maintained by completing the required production units in a timely manner and to a satisfactory quality.
- To review the performance of production staff and identify, influence and implement training and development needs for these staff, whilst acting as a role model.
- Ensure safe systems of work are implemented for all production staff in consultation with the Production Manager.
- To develop a culture of team working across all departments and between shifts.
- To ensure that the Management Team are advised and informed as appropriate.
- To develop clear and concise communication channels across all operational departments and all other business functions.
- To work with the loading/packing department to identify shorts and implement percentages.
- To be responsible for managing all production staff within your remit including welfare issues, complying at all times to the relevant legislation.
- To monitor and effectively manage holiday booking.
- To review, monitor and maintain systems to monitor overall staff productivity and performance, ensuring PPOH meets target.
- To monitor linen and other weekly stock checks and supply accurate information.
- To be responsible for general cleanliness and other factory housekeeping duties including the outside yard area.
- Factory to be left in clean and tidy condition at start and end of shift.
- To adhere to strictest confidentiality standards with regards to all Company financial, salary and HR matters.
- To maximise product quality and to ensure the correct classification of creased, stained and rag.
- To keep accurate records where required.
- To enforce and comply with Company Policies and the Terms and Conditions of Employment and follow Company Procedures.
- To attend training courses as required.
- To foster and maintain good working relations throughout the Company.
- Other Ad hoc duties as required.
As part of a growing organisation, Johnsons Hotel Linen offers a competitive salary, along with the opportunity to work in a modern and contemporary production facility with long term career prospects.
Added Benefits are :
- SAYE scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
- 24/7 GP Helpline
- Discounted gym membership
- Thorough onboarding training and induction programme
- Deliver the appropriate training to enable you to do your job to the very best of your ability
- Apprenticeship programs LGV, Textile Care Operative, Team Leading, Management and Customer Service
- Referral schemes
- Health4All cash plan Scheme
- Employee recognition (extra mile) Awards
- Baby Boxes
- Free sanitary products
- Menopause policy
- Johnsons Hotel Linen is a Disability Confident employer