To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values – integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion – must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the preparation of foods as per cycle/daily menus. Assists in the serving line and helps to maintain cleanliness.
1. Reviews menus to determine the type and quantities of meats, vegetables and soups to be prepared; bakes, roasts, broils and steams meat, fish, vegetables and other foods as required; slices and/or portions meat, fish and poultry for serving.
2. Provides assistance on the serving line. Reviews procedures and asks appropriate questions to ensure thorough understanding before beginning substitution duties. Carries out each task correctly and in its entirety. Serves on patient tray line. Carves and serves entree on cafe line.
3. Maintains the cooking area in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
4. Follows standardized recipes according to safe food handling techniques throughout each step of production for all food items in DOC/CTY and retail areas.
5. Responsible for taking temperatures of food products and maintaining daily logs. Responsible for keeping accurate waste sheets in regards to their area.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. **Employees employed by YNHH effective 9/12/2012 as a result of the acquisition of the Hospital of St Raphael may meet educational requirements with the applicable combination of education and experience and demonstration of current competences.
Two (2) to three (3) years in industrial food preparation.
Must be able to read and understand English. Must be able to communicate clearly. Must be able to do mathematical calculations.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to lift 50 lbs.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Minimum – $15.25/hr.
Maximum – $26.46/hr.
Revision: As of January 1, 2022, a high school diploma or GED will be preferred, but not required for this position.
YNHHS Requisition ID
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|