PRN and Full-time Positions Available
Responsible for proper preparation of patient and cafeteria food service as required by local, state, and federal standards. Must adhere to sanitation policies as also required by local, state and federal standards. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. This is a non-exempt position.
• Prepares and cooks food and desserts for patients, cafeteria, and special catering.
• Follows established standardized recipes for quality results and assures that serving time deadlines are met consistently.
• Menu plans. Reviews menus daily and communicates with other cooks regarding supplies and preparation of ingredients.
• Assists with checking food deliveries and processing invoices.
• Inspects and assures that all items are accounted for. Signs invoices and submits to Dietary Office.
• Attend appropriate meetings with Director and Dietitian.
• Plans attendance to review progress and changes in food production.
• Coordinates activities of staff in preparing and cooking foods for patients, staff and visitors.
• Makes recommendations for menu planning.
• Inspects patient tray line and cafeteria line for appearance of menu items.
• Assists in monitoring infection control and sanitation standards.
Leadership: In the absence of the Food Service Team Leader/Cook, provides leadership in the department, consulting with the Clinical Dietitian as needed.
Patient Food Service
• Assists in serving food on patients' tray line.
• Assures that food plates are garnished appropriately.
• Checks and secures all foods stored in freezer and refrigerator.
• Conducts daily inspection and assures that food is properly wrapped, labeled, and dated; and, assists in planning for use of leftover foods.
• Checks food inventory level in store room.
• Submits food purchase requisitions to office and encourages constant rotation of stock inventory.
• Conducts food temperature checks each meal, submits daily report to office for review and filing.
• Maintains sanitation in production area.
• Complies with sanitation policies regarding work area and the cleaning of cooking equipment.
Education and Training: High School education or GED preferred with the ability to read and write English, in order to follow recipes and plan menus.
Experience : Five years commercial food preparation is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Be courteous and cooperative with customers.
Be able to take criticism.
Be willing to accept responsibility and use good judgment when guidance not readily available.
Take pride in producing high quality products.
Be a team player.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online atwww.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|