Direct Reports Include: Chief Inspector (s)
Manages the business unit quality function through development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures consistent with organizational requirements and corporate standards. As a member of the business unit Strategic Group, you manage and participate in quality activities of the business unit in order to improve the processes, procedures, methods and materials used in the repair and overhaul of aero-engines, components and other related processes to ensure product quality is maintained while striving for continuous improvements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for immediately reporting flight/product safety concerns.
– Participates in proactive risk analysis of flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
– Participates, coordinates and conducts internal and external and supplier audits.
– Manages repair station manual, ISO certifications.
– Manages FAA Part 145 and FISDO relationship.
– Develops, implements, and monitors business unit quality policies and procedures consistent with company and strategic business unit objectives.
– Continuously monitors quality data (warranty, product rectification, customer satisfaction, etc.) for improvement opportunities across the business unit. Works with the business unit strategic group to select, manage, and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives.
– Manages the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree by which the business unit’s quality goals, objectives and standards are being met.
– Leads and participates in the business unit quality audit and corrective action process by providing training, facilitation, recommendations and leadership, as required, to achieve optimal results.
– Monitors, reviews and conducts sub-contractor audits in liaison with supplier development.
– Interfaces with marketing, operations and engineering to establish quality requirements on individual products and services on the basis of customer needs, the fit, form and function of the product, and to ensure that quality considerations are properly addressed as early as possible in the product or process design stage.
– Monitors warranty procedures including investigation, root-cause, corrective action and follow-up to ensure that continuous improvement is occurring.
– Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, remanufacturing problems, statistical trends, and proposed process changes. Reviews factors in light of quality of product and reliability of quality during production.
– Manages strategic business unit quality activities and resources.
– Researches, compiles, and reviews company procedures.
– Maintains currency on regulatory requirements and quality standards.
– Seeks new quality methodologies for implementation in support of business unit strategic initiatives.
– Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline and the general employee relations of direct reports.
– Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
– Bachelor's degree in aerospace, Mechanical, Industrial or Aerospace Engineering or similar technical field of Study or equivalent experience.
– 15-year minimum work experience in Aviation required with 5 years in Quality Management.
– Recognizes and understands flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
– Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
– Thorough knowledge of company instructions, company processes and other internal procedures.
– Thorough knowledge of FAA airworthiness certification requirements and other regulatory bodies applicable to business unit needs. Knowledge of 145 and 121 operations.
– Thorough knowledge of ISO 9000 quality system requirements.
– Experience with Quality and Supplier audits required.
– Ability to conduct and manage internal and external audits required.
– Thorough knowledge of CAR process.
– Extensive experience with Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA), processes.
– Sufficient experience to develop, execute and sustain Quality related KPI’s for the site.
– Proficient in MS Office software packages and other aviation ERP systems.
– Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
– Supervisory experience in a manufacturing or aerospace environment.
– A&P License preferred.
Must meet US Persons requirements per ITAR.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|