Day (United States of America)
Registered Nurse (RN) – Full Time
Vascular Procedure Suite – Albany, NY
Work schedule: Monday – Friday
Imagine how good it would feel to provide state-of-the-art care to people who really need it.
We have a unique opportunity for a skilled RN to be a part of our Angio Procedure Suite in the outpatient Vascular Surgery office located at 391 Myrtle Ave in Albany, NY!
Under the direction of the practice physician and/or advanced practice provider (APP) and the supervision of the Nurse Manager (RN) and/or Nurse Supervisor (RN), the RN may provide direct patient care, patient triage (in-person and telephonic), assessment, planning, directing and evaluating of a patient’s specific care plan and clinic visit. Able to work effectively within a team of multi-specialty professionals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Provide direct patient care to patients undergoing procedures within the procedure suite
• Assist the health care team in the peri procedural teaching of vascular patients
• Obtain and accurately record patient’s vital signs; reports abnormal values to treating provider
• Documents components of patient’s history (Medical, Surgical and Social) in EHR
• Obtains and documents a patient’s focused physical assessment, related to the clinic visit and as dictated by clinic procedure
• Administers medications and treatments to patients in clinic, under the direction of a physician or APP
• Assesses and documents response to medication and treatments rendered to patient, if applicable
• Communicates in an open and appropriate manner with patients, visitors and staff
• Participates in in-office procedures under the direction and supervision of a Physician or APP
• Performs diagnostic POCT and CLIA waived testing per MD/APP order and documents results in EHR
• Performs venipuncture per order of MD/APP
• Performs review and triage of incoming test results, patient requests and pharmacy renewals; facilitates call-backs to patients as necessary
• Prepares patient’s chart for pertinent clinical information
• Delegates tasks deemed appropriate per licensure of LPN and/or MA
• Assists with in-office procedures, as related to Clinic Specialty
• Provides education to patients related to their visit and overall health and wellness
• Associate’s degree of a state accredited Registered Nursing program is required
• NYS current RN licensure is required
• Minimum 1 year of previous angiography experience is required
• Current CPR certification required
Albany Med’s Vascular Surgery has one of the most highly regarded vascular teams and is the largest provider in the northeast. The team is visited regularly by colleagues worldwide and has pioneered numerous procedures that are now standard in the field.
Our team is comprised of physicians who are experts in both traditional open surgery and minimally invasive techniques for managing a wide range of vascular conditions. In fact, we are a national leader in the number of surgical and endovascular procedures performed.
Albany Med is the premier health care system in Northeastern New York. It is the region’s only academic health sciences center, comprised of Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany Medical College, the Albany Med Physician’s Group, and affiliate hospitals Saratoga Hospital and Columbia Memorial Health.
Anchored in the beautiful and historic City of Albany, New York, Albany Med is the regional safety net hospital. It is the region’s only Level I trauma center for more than three million people in 25 counties and is home to the region’s only level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and the region’s only pediatric emergency department and children’s hospital. Albany Med employs the largest group of world-class specialists and subspecialists in northeastern New York.
Albany Med’s mission is to provide unparalleled adult and pediatric patient care, high-quality medical education, and biomedical research that results in medical innovations.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|